LRT provides and develops computer software applications to support learning and teaching and student and curriculum management including:
- the University’s Student Records System (Agresso Students from UNIT4)
- a suite of applications developed to extend and enhance the core student records system, including:
- the Online Enrolment System
- the Unit Specification Database
- the Option Selection system
- the Coursework Receipting system
- the University’s Business Intelligence and Reporting Systems (Uniview and TARDIS reports)
- the University’s Virtual Learning Environment, Moodle.
- You can read more about Moodle here
- the myMMU student portal (You’ll be challenged to supply your ID and password to get in).
- you can read more about myMMU here
- the myMMU-mobile smartphone app and mobile website
LRT also supports classroom innovation, evaluating new technologies for physical learning spaces and defining threshold standards for classroom technology:
- Check out our classroom technologies blog
We work closely with colleagues in the Business Improvement Team, Business Support Services, the Centre for Learning and Teaching, the Library, IT Services and academic and administrative staff across the institution.
This site provides links to a number of sub-sites for our projects and activities. You can read about:
- our review of learning technologies and why we choose Moodle
- our JISC-funded W2C project to extend Moodle and the myMMU portal by integrating them with key corporate systems
- our JISC-funded TRAFFIC project to transform assessment and feedback practice
- the podcasting service we provide for staff
- our work to define threshold standards and provide support for classroom technologies